How to Apply for a Marriage Certificate Online or Offline in Karnataka, including Bengaluru, Mysore, Hubli, and Mangaluru. A marriage certificate is a legitimate piece of legal documentation used to determine a couple’s marital status. It is the most significant document for a married lady.
Karnataka Marriage Certificate Online Apply
There are a few laws in India that permit marriages, including the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act of 1936 and the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955. For the Hindu, Brahma, Buddhist, Arya Samaj, and Parthana Samaj, the Hindu marriage statute is applicable. All nation residents are covered by the special marriage statute. Both Parsis and Zoroastrians are covered by the Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act.
Obtaining a marriage certificate is not difficult if the correct procedures are followed, however there are instances where there is a delay because the applicant is unaware of the necessary application procedures and requirements. The bride must be 18 years old and the husband must be 21 years old in order to apply for a marriage licence. To apply for a marriage certificate in Karnataka, both online and offline procedures are described here for the benefit of individuals who are unfamiliar with them.
Applying for a marriage certificate online:
- Visit the Karnataka Government’s official website for marriage registration first.
- Click on proceed after selecting your district from the list.
- Complete all of the bride’s and groom’s information, then click “Registration of Marriage Certificate.”
- Choose a date for the appointment after carefully filling out the marriage certificate form.
- To submit your application, click Submit.
- An appreciation slip and a temporary number will be sent to you.
- The acknowledgment slip can be printed out and kept with you.
- On the specified day, you will be called in the sub-registrar’s office.
- The procedure then proceeds in the same manner as it did offline.
Applying for a marriage certificate offline:
- You must first download the form. You may print it out after downloading it by visiting https://www.india.gov.in/application-form-registration-marriage-karnataka. In addition, you can obtain it from the office of the marriage registrar.
- Fill out the form completely and accurately. If the bride’s name changes after the wedding, provide the new name in the form.
- The paperwork requires the signatures of three witnesses, all of whom must be friends or family.
- Now, all of the paperwork will be delivered to the sub-registrar’s office.
- All of the information will be verified right away.
- Six copies of the data will be given to the applicant.
- All prints must bear the bride’s and the groom’s signatures.
- Out of those 6, 4 copies will be maintained at the sub-registrar’s office for records, and the other 2 copies will be given to the bride and the husband.
- The application costs Rs 5 and the certified copy costs Rs 10, respectively.