The largest public lender in India, State Bank of India (SBI), has a quarter of the market share and services over 45 crore clients through a sizable network of more than 22,000 branches and 62617 ATMs/ADWMs. Depending on the needs of the consumer, SBI offers a choice of debit cards. The first thing you should do if you are an SBI client and your debit card has been lost, stolen, or both is to block your card. Today, though, you may do it online and avoid going to the bank branch. The procedure to ban your ATM or debit card is outlined below:
SBI ATM Block
SBI ए, टी, एम, ब्लॉक नंबर
How to Block SBI Debit Card revised on To stop any fraudulent actions, you must immediately Block your SBI Debit Card if it is lost or stolen. One of the following options is available for blocking the card.
SBI ATM Block Number
1. Calling the Customer Care Number
One of the easiest ways to block your SBI debit card is by calling the customer care number. You can call toll free on:
- 1800 11 2211
- 1800 425 3800
- State Bank of India ATM block number is also given –
080 2659 9990. You will receive instructions from the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) which need to be followed carefully.
The toll-free number is accessible from all landlines and mobile phones. You can contact customer care any time as these numbers are available round the clock to block your SBI Debit Card.
2. SBI ATM Block by SMS
You can also block the card through SMS in the following ways:
- First of all, you need to generate SBI ATM Block number by sending an SMS –
ब्लॉक XXXX' से 567676. This
XXXXwill be the last four digits of your SBI Debit Card
- The block number which is generated should be saved carefully
- If you have lost or misplaced your SBI Debit Card number then you must also remember your SBI Debit Card number to block it. Ideally, you can write in a book and keep it safe.
Note – While sending SMS, make sure that your sending is from the same number which is registered with SBI Bank .
3. Blocking SBI ATM Card through Mobile Banking
- Download ‘ SBI Mobile Banking App’ on your mobile phone and register yourself by providing the required details
- On the ‘Home Screen’, you need to select the option ‘Services’
- The ‘Services’ option will have all the details about your SBI Debit Card. Under this option, select ‘Debit Card Hotlisting’
- You have to select the account number linked to the ATM card. Be careful while selecting the account number
- After which you will be asked about the debit card you want to block linked to the particular account number
- In the last step, you have to tell the reason for blocking the ATM card. You can choose either ‘Lost’ or ‘Stolen’ as the reason for blocking it
- Finally to complete, you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number
- Your SBI ATM card will be blocked as soon as you enter the OTP.
Online mobile banking process is one of the easiest ways to block your SBI ATM card.
4. Blocking SBI ATM Card through Online Banking
You can block your SBI ATM card by logging on to the official website of SBI Bank and follow the given steps:
- Log in to your profile by entering username and password .
- Go to the ‘e-Services’ tab and click on ‘ATM Card Service Options’
- Here you will find an option that says ‘BLOCK ATM CARD’
- Select the account to which the ATM card you want to block is linked
- When you login to the account, you can see all the active ATM cards in your account
- Select the ATM card you want to block
- You have to give the reason why you want to block the ATM card
- Select the reason either ‘Lost’ or ‘Stolen’ and then click on ‘Submit’.
- Here, you will be asked to select a mode to authenticate the request – either using OTP or Profile Password
- Once you authenticate the request, the SBI ATM card will be blocked
- You will receive an SMS confirming that the card has been blocked
However, you must remember that if you block an ATM card through Internet Banking, you cannot unblock the card through Online Banking.
Unblocking your SBI Debit Card
The process to unblock the card is not complicated, but it cannot be done online or through mobile banking.
- You can call the customer care number to know more about the process
- You can also visit your SBI home branch to get your SBI ATM card unblocked
- You need to fill the application form to get your card unblocked. Make sure you have filled all the details correctly, otherwise the form will be rejected
- Provide correct details like account number, CIF number and last four digits of the lost card while filling the form
- You need to attach your photo ID in the form
- When you have completed filling the application form, submit the form to the bank official
- Once all the details are verified, the card will be unblocked within 24 hours. You will also receive an SMS regarding unblocking of the ATM card
In the event that your SBI ATM card is lost or stolen, any fraudulent activity should be stopped. Although you should take extra care to protect your card, you can still lose it. In this situation, you ought to block it right away. You can seek to have the card unblocked and continue using the debit card once you are certain that the problem has been rectified.