Your CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) credit card will come with a “Personal Identification Number” (PIN), which is important for security reasons and that you don’t want to forget. However, you can alter the CIBC credit card PIN if this occurs to you or if you just wish to.
How to Change CIBC Credit Card PIN
For every purchase you make with the card, a four-digit code is required. Although the bank will provide you with a predefined code, you might wish to pick something simple to remember.
We’ll explain how to modify your CIBC credit card’s PIN in this article. There are other options, but it won’t take you longer than ten minutes to complete.
Two Procedures to Modify the CIBC PIN
You can come into a circumstance where you try to input your PIN when buying but it is invalid for whatever reason. Your card can be stopped if you try the same code more than once and it proves to be invalid. In other words, until the credit card is reactivated, you won’t be able to use it to make any purchases. This also applies to ATMs.
This typically occurs when you forget your PIN; if this occurs, attempt to update it. Additionally, it is preferable to obtain a new PIN for security reasons if you believe that someone has attempted to spy on it.
It is really easy to adjust, and CIBC may offer assistance. These approaches are:
How to change the PIN on your CIBC credit card online
- Enter your CIBC User ID to verify who you are.
- Address the Personal Verification Questions (PVQs) that you have. These are security questions that you should be able to quickly answer. You may make them or select from a list of premade ones. But make sure the inquiries are distinct and straightforward, for instance, What is the name of your pet? were you were born?
- Enter the serial number for your token.
- Enter your Token Number here.
- Type your new CIBC PIN once more.
- You must confirm the procedure after changing your CIBC PIN before you can move on.
How to modify the PIN on your CIBC credit card at an ATM.
Another choice is to use your credit card at a CIBC ATM to modify the PIN. Bring your credit card, after which:
- your CIBC credit card into the slot.
- Choose More.
- Choose Change PIN, then proceed as directed.
You may quickly obtain your updated CIBC credit card PIN by following the onscreen instructions.
Considerations for Your CIBC Credit Card PIN
No matter why you changed your credit card PIN, it is always advisable to keep it safe. It would be ideal to switch it up every so often, but be sure to pick codes that are simple to remember. Additionally, avoid using details like your phone number or date of birth because these are easily guessable.
Additionally, do not attempt your PIN more than twice if the first attempt was unsuccessful. To prevent further blockage of your credit card, do this.
The most important thing to remember is that you can always call a representative if you need assistance changing your PIN at 1-800-663-4575 (if you’re in the U.S. or Canada) or 514-861-4653 (if you’re outside of North America).