In recent years, mobile payment methods have gained popularity among customers, and Apple Pay is one of the most extensively utilized systems.
Does Walmart Take Apple Pay
Customers question if they can use Apple Pay to make in-store purchases at their preferred stores because just a small number of merchants have implemented this technology.
One of the biggest shops in the world is Walmart, and if you’re one of their numerous clients, you might be wondering:
Walmart accepts Apple Pay, right?
- Unfortunately, the answer is no. Though it requires Walmart Pay!
I also produced this post to provide you all the details you want regarding utilizing payment options other than Apple Pay at Walmart Stores, as well as to explain why it doesn’t accept Apple Pay.
What Is Walmart?
- Many people choose to buy in-person and online at the low-cost, one-stop retail chain Walmart.
- Every week, millions of people visit more than 4,600 stores due of the low pricing and extensive product range, which includes electronics, apparel, food, and other home essentials.
- If you reside in the US, there is a very good chance that there will be a Walmart five miles from your home.
What Is Apple Pay?
A contactless payment system that works with Apple products is called Apple Pay. Your debit and credit cards can be digitally stored on an Apple device.
It is the best mobile payment service since it has 507 million subscribers globally. The goal is for people to start storing their credit and debit cards on their iPhones rather than in actual wallets.
Using your iPhone or Apple Watch, you may make payments without a card using Apple Pay.
In apps that have used the Apple Pay API, users may also complete purchases with only one tap using Apple Pay. On devices running iOS 10 or macOS Sierra or later, it may be accessed online. iOS applications for the iPhone 6 and later versions use Apple Pay.
Apple Pay is now accessible through participating retail locations and financial institutions’ iOS apps in 20 countries.
Does Walmart Take Apple Pay?
Apple Pay isn’t accepted at Walmart. For purchases using NFC (near-field communication) technology, Apple Pay uses its associated money. Walmart, however, does not support NFC transactions.
Why is Apple Pay unavailable at Walmart?
The three main reasons why Walmart decided against accepting Apple Pay are as follows.
The expense of processing is one of the main reasons Walmart does not accept Apple Pay. Apple claims that using their services is free, however there is a catch.
Walmart is required to cover varying processing fees depending on the card used in a digital wallet since the card issuer handles the fees on Apple’s behalf. The processing charge might be somewhat high depending on the card.
Theoretically, if Walmart began to take Apple Pay, their sales would drop. Walmart tries to eliminate the need for payment processing costs in order to increase its earnings from each transaction.
Despite not accepting Apple Pay, Walmart does accept its own digital payment system, Walmart Pay. Because it prefers to keep items distinct from its electronic payment system, Walmart does not accept Apple Pay.
Retailers can interact with customers, send alerts, and take payments online thanks to the Walmart Pay app.
Even while the ordinary consumer might not consider this to be noteworthy, if Walmart can provide additional ways for customers to pay and connect with the company, it will enhance brand awareness.
- Additionally, it promotes Walmart while increasing foot traffic in shops.
It’s creative to use a digital wallet like Walmart Pay to raise brand recognition. The Walmart Pay app, which is solely available to Walmart customers, is a cornerstone of the business’s strategy to boost customer loyalty.
How To Use Walmart Pay at Walmart Store
Digital wallets have made offline and online buying quicker than before. You may purchase anything with only a few clicks thanks to payment methods like Apple Pay and Walmart Pay.
Smartphone users may download the Walmart Pay app for free on both Android and iOS devices.
Setting Up Walmart Pay
If you don’t have a Walmart Pay yet, here’s how to set up your account.
- Open the Walmart app after downloading it.
- Choose Services from the features list.
- Select Walmart Pay.
- Tap Get started.
- Create an account on Walmart.com or sign in.
- Choose your credit or debit card.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose Go to Walmart Pay.
- Set a passcode.
- Use Walmart Pay at the register.
Inside a Walmart Store: How to Use
Paying for your purchases is simple when using the Walmart Pay app. F
Here’s how to use Walmart Pay to make purchases inside a Walmart store.
- To scan your items, go to any self-checkout station or manned checkout line.
- A distinctive QR code will appear on the debit reader screen.
- Launch the Walmart Pay application.
- Enter your 4-digit pin here.
- Hold your phone over the QR code until a message or sound lets you know the transaction has been completed.
Only if you pay using Walmart Pay will the merchant provide you a printed receipt. You will therefore get an electronic receipt for your purchase at the email address you gave Walmart when you created your account.
- Since there is no possibility of losing your receipt, the return procedure is also straightforward.