How to Apply for a Gujarat Marriage Certificate Online or Offline, How to Apply for a Marriage Certificate in Gujarat (Gujarat) Cities of Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, and Gandhinagar
How to Apply for Gujarat Marriage Certificate Apply Online
A marriage certificate is a crucial document that not only certifies your union but also supports your application for a passport, visa, PAN card, and other documents. It is crucial for bank savings and life insurance policies as well.
In Gujarat, marriage registration is now required. It can be registered under either the Special Marriage Act of 1954 or the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955. Here, we’ll outline the entire procedure for Gujarat residents in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, and Gandhinagar to apply for a marriage certificate.
Gujarat’s application procedure for marriage certificates:
- You must download and print the application form prior to submitting it.
- On the front page of the website, at https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/, select the Online Services tab.
- Now choose Online Forms from the drop-down menu.
- On your screen, you may now see a variety of forms to download. Select the best candidate for marriage registration. By visiting the following link: https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/Content/Documents/Onlineforms/Marriage_Form1_MarriageCerti.zip, you may also download the form directly.
- Take a printout of the form on A4 paper after downloading it.
- You must now complete the form with the necessary details, including the names and addresses of the bride and husband. Both must sign the application form, which also requires the signatures of three witnesses who must include their complete names and addresses.
- The form should be sent to the office of the marriage registrar with all necessary attachments.
- Before the registrar, the couple’s group photo must be displayed.
- The information on the form will be checked together with the papers that you have sent with it.
- Your marriage certificate will be issued if all the information is verified to be accurate.
- The bride must be at least 18 years old, while the groom must be at least 21.
- Certificates of physical and mental health must be presented together with the application.
- The candidate must reside in Gujarat permanently.
- The pair must be cohabitating at the time of application.
- Address verification options include a PAN card, voter ID, ration card, passport, and an Aadhaar card.
- To verify the birthdate, use a school transcript or birth certificate. You may also accept a tehsil affidavit or a PAN card with a date of birth.
- Invitation to Marriage Card
- 6 passport-sized photos, 3 of the bride and groom together and 6 of them separately. Additionally, wedding images may be displayed.