The following restrictions apply to free baggage limit for both checked and carry-on items while traveling with North Air: Passengers traveling in Economy Class are permitted to check one piece of luggage up to 23 kg and carry one piece of luggage up to 10 kg free of charge. Two pieces of checked baggage up to 32 kg and two pieces of carry-on luggage up to 16 kg are complimentary for travelers traveling in Business Class. Please be aware that there will be additional charges for both extra bags and bags that are larger than the free baggage allowance.
Details of the 2023 Air North Baggage Allowance Take a flight with Air North? Learn all there is to know about the luggage allowance, limitations, costs, and fees for Air North.
Air North Airlines Baggage Allowance Domestic / International
Air North has particular regulations that passengers must abide by addressing their carry-on and checked luggage. What exactly is the Air North Baggage Allowance? How stringent is Air North with regard to hand luggage weight and size? You can learn all you need to know about Air North’s baggage policies in this article.
Air North Airlines Hand Baggage Allowances
Baggage and Carry-On
- Carry-on baggage must be stored under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment. Please be aware that available space varies from one aircraft type to another.
- We recommend using the sizing frames conveniently located at our check-in counters to ensure your bag fits within our sizing guidelines and is eligible for carry-on travel.
|Boeing 737 Routes||ATR 42 Routes|
|Pieces Permitted||2 (One Carry-on bag and One Personal item)||2|
|Maximum Weight||Combined weight of 10 kg (22 lbs)||Combined weight of 10 kg (22 lbs)|
|Maximum Size||Carry-on bag (A) dimensions cannot exceed the following:|
For example, 38 cm wide, 22 cm deep, and 54 cm tall would be the maximum size allowed.
Personal item (B) outside dimensions cannot exceed the following:
A personal item sized 41 cm wide, 15 cm deep, and 33 cm tall would be the maximum size allowed.
To ensure your journey with us is as comfortable and relaxed as possible prior to departure, here is some important information on what is considered acceptable carry- on baggage for our aircraft types.
Your carry-on baggage must comply with our carriage conditions:
- fit under the seat in front of you or in an overhead locker
- not exceed the carry-on baggage allowances
- not include any dangerous goods
Air North Airlines Cabin Baggage Allowance
Depending on the aircraft being flown, Air North’s luggage allowance varies for hand baggage. Passengers may bring a suitcase onto the E170 Jet aircraft that weighs no more than 9 kg, has a maximum dimension of 56 by 36 by 23, and has total linear dimensions no greater than 115 cm.
The hand baggage allowance is now 4 kilograms and has a maximum size of 103 cm on the E120 Brasilia aircraft.
Air North Cabin Baggage Prohibited Items:
Certain items are not allowed on board Air North flights. These include:
- Toxic substances,
- Lithium batteries with power greater than 160 Wh,
- Explosives, such as fireworks,
- Flammable liquids, such as paint.
Air North Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
- At our check-in counter, you must produce your checked luggage.
- An identifying tag is required for every item that is examined.
- The amount of luggage and carry-on items permissible will depend on the weight and space restrictions of each aircraft.
- All items provided for transportation, including luggage and merchandise, are subject to scrutiny by our staff.
- Any objects that are likely to harm the aircraft, put people or property at risk, are likely to be damaged during air transportation, or if carrying them would be against the law, rule, or order in force, will not be accepted.
- The maximum size (length, breadth, and height) is 157 centimeters (62 inches).
Checked Baggage Allowances
- The baggage allowance per passenger per aircraft type is as follows:
|Boeing 737 Routes||ATR 42 Routes|
|Standard Weight Allowance||23 kg (50 lbs) per item with maximum linear dimension (length + width + height) of 157 cm||10 kg (22 lbs) per item with maximum linear dimension (length + width + height) of 157 cm|
|Excess Baggage||$42-$45.20 per piece, to a maximum of two pieces.||$42-$45.20 per piece, to a maximum of two pieces.|
|Maximum of 4 Pieces||A maximum of 4 bags, including excess baggage, is allowed per passenger. Any bags exceeding this limit must be shipped as cargo.||A maximum of 4 bags, including excess baggage, is allowed per passenger. Any bags exceeding this limit must be shipped as cargo.|
|Overweight Baggage||Any item weighing in excess of 23 kg (50 lbs) up to 32 kg (70 lbs) is subject to an overweight baggage charge of $42-45.20 per piece. Any single item in excess of 32 kg will not be accepted and must be shipped as cargo.||A combined weight in excess of 20 kg (44 lbs) is subject to an overweight baggage charge of $42–45.20 per piece. Any single item in excess of 32 kg will not be accepted and must be shipped as cargo.|
|Oversized Baggage||An item with linear dimensions of over 157 cm up to 203 cm (length + width + height) is subject to an oversize fee of $42-$45.20.||An item with linear dimensions of over 157 cm up to 203 cm (length + width + height) is subject to an oversize fee of $42.|
A traveler will be assessed a maximum amount of $84 to $90.40 if all three penalties apply to a single bag and the passenger has brought a second bag that is both large and overweight. There are costs for overweight, large, and extra luggage on all regularly scheduled flights, regardless of the fare class of the ticket.
Any single item that weighs more than 32kg (70 lbs) cannot be carried in as checked baggage; instead, it must be transported as cargo, with additional charges.
Due to weight and space restrictions, it is not guaranteed that overweight or extra items will fly on the same trip as the passenger. Instead, they will be transported on the next available flight. Contact Air North Cargo for priority freight if you want to avoid overweight luggage or extra items.
The costs and fees indicated on this page are all in Canadian dollars.
Air North Airlines Excess/Extra Baggage Allowance
Pre-pay for your extra baggage up to 24 hours prior to your flight’s departure time and save on the excess baggage prices at the airport. Full Details at https://www.airnorth.com.au/plan/baggage-services/excess-baggage/
Air North Airlines Baggage Allowance for Student
- Details Air North Airlines Official web at https://www.airnorth.com.au/plan/baggage-services/checked-baggage/
Air North Airlines Overweight Baggage Fees
Air North Overweight Baggage Fee – Extra Bag Fee – Oversize Baggage
- Up to two extra bags (a total of four bags) are permitted per person at a cost of $30 plus GST/HST/PST per bag. It is necessary to transport extra bags as cargo.
- Depending on the origin and destination of your flight, a cost between $2.70 per kilogram and $5.10 per kilogram will be assessed if you exceed your weight allowance.
- The heavier of the extra pieces or overweight baggage costs (see below) will apply if the total weight of all normal and excess pieces exceeds 45kg (100lbs).
- Depending on the origin and destination of your journey, overweight baggage fees for flights to/from Dawson City, Inuvik, Mayo, and Old Crow range from $1.65 to $4.18 per kilogram.