Don’t let the difficulty of learning about Alaska Airlines luggage costs slow you down. You’ve got Our web support! Our platform for Alaska Airlines check-in luggage gives quick and easy access to information from any location at any time. With a few clicks, you can easily avoid discomfort, misunderstandings, and communication hurdles. We are here to make sure you are well-informed and secure before your trip. You won’t ever have to be concerned about access restrictions or a lack of transparency once you use Our Web.
Our portal gives you access to details about your luggage allowance, such as the weight of Alaska Airlines bags from far-flung and uncharted locations. Additionally, you can be confident that your personal information is always secure thanks to our first-rate security system. Why worry about your checked luggage when This Web can handle it for you? Try us out right away to enjoy the stress-free vacation you deserve!
Alaska Airlines Baggage Allowance Domestic / International
When it comes to carry-on restrictions and prices for checked bags, Alaska Airlines has a very thorough policy. There are several methods to avoid paying those costs, according to Alaska Airlines baggage rules.
Several circumstances, including where you’retravelingg from and whether you have elite status or have certain Alaska credit cards, will determine your ability to avoid those costs. You can learn all you need to know about Alaska Airlines’ luggage costs in this guide.
Alaska Airlines baggage fees
You won’t need a complicated calculator, unlike United and Spirit Airlines, to figure out how much your checked luggage will cost. As you can see in the chart below, you’ll also discover some of the most affordable fees:
|Customers with no status and no eligible credit card||$30.||$40.|
|Eligible credit cardholders||Free.||$40.|
|MVP and MVP Gold Mileage Plan members||Free.||Free.|
|Oneworld Ruby and Sapphire members||Free.||Free.|
|MVP Gold 75K and 100K Mileage Plan members||Free.||Free (and the third bag is free).|
|Oneworld Emerald members||Free.||Free (and the the third bag free).|
|Club 49 members (travelling to, from or through Alaska)||Free.||Free.|
|Customers travelling wholly within Alaska||Free.||Free (and the third bag is free).|
|Active duty U.S. military and dependents||Free.||Free (and a fifth bag is free).|
|Customers travelling in First Class||Free.||Free.|
Alaska has a 50-pound per-bag weight restriction before additional charges apply. However, the weight restriction for travellers who are members of the active U.S. military and their dependents is 70 pounds per bag.
Alaska Airlines Hand Baggage Allowances
Carry-On Permissions and Costs
Alaska Airlines allows all passengers to check one free personal item and one free standard carry-on bag, which is a rather generous amount. Regardless of the sort of food you reserve, it are free. A pocketbook or small bag is suitable and should be able to slip comfortably below the seat in front of you. While there are no strict restrictions on the size of a personal item, you should normally adhere to them.
Make sure your luggage doesn’t exceed the normal carry-on size of 22″ x 14″ x 9″. Included in your measurements should be any handles, wheels, or other add-ons that are on your bag. If your carry-on exceeds these limits, you will be required to check it.
- Do you frequently have your bag searched at the gate? Get CHESTER travel gear. For all airlines, find the ideal carry-on and checked baggage.
What About Babies, Prams, and Baby Equipment?
A baby under the age of two can ride on your lap without paying an extra price if you’re traveling with one. However, Alaska Airlines does include diaper bags against your carry-on allowance, so keep that in mind as you prepare for your trip. This is different from several other airlines.
You may also check a stroller and/or kid car seat at no additional cost if you’re bringing them on your trip. Either during check-in or just at the gate, this is possible.
|Carry-on Bag (Free)||Checked Bag (Paid)|
|Carry-on Bag||Personal Item||First Bag||Second Bag||Additional Bags|
|1, free||1, free||USD 30||USD 40||USD 100 each|
|Max. Size: 55.88 x 35.56 x 22.86cm|
(22 x 14 x 9in, i.e., 45 linear inches
|Max Weight: 50lb/23kg|
Max. Size: 158cm/62in (L + W + H)
Alaska Airlines Cabin Baggage Allowance
Alaska Airlines Baggage Allowance & Cabin Bags
- Any object that cannot fit beneath the seat or in the overhead bin but must be brought into the cabin may be allowed as cargo in the cabin. An example of this would be a huge musical instrument.
- The thing is “cabin seat baggage” and will travel in the seat next to you.
- To guarantee that the right aircraft will be loaded with enough seatbelt extensions, cabin seat baggage must be scheduled in advance. Groups of five or more passengers carrying cargo within the cabin must give at least 24 hours’ notice in advance.
- Baggage for a cabin seat cannot be reserved online. For help, contact a reservations agent by dialing 1-800-252-7522 (TTY: Dial 711 for Relay Services). As usual, there will be no charge for tickets.
- The cost of cabin seat baggage is 100% of the applicable adult base price + 6.25% cargo tax.
Alaska Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
Alaska Airlines Check In Baggage Allowance
|Domestic/International||Number of Bags||Fees|
|Domestic First Class||First bag|
|Within Alaska State||First bag|
The check-in baggage allowance on Alaska Airlines is a paid service; travelers must pay a fee to check-in any bags they desire to carry on board. The cost is due while checking in online, at a check-in kiosk, or at an Alaska Air airport ticket counter.
- Baggage weighing ≤ 50 lbs and having a having a having a dimension of ≤ 62 linear inches.
- 1st Baggage – $ 30.00
- 2nd Baggage – $ 40.00
- 3rd or More Baggage – $ 100.00 (each)
Alaska Air Baggage Allowance – International Codeshare
Alaska Airlines Hand Baggage Allowance – International Codeshare
- Alaska Airlines flights 5000–5249 operated by Qantas .
- Alaska Airlines flights 5526–5549 operated by Air Tahiti Nui.
- Alaska Airlines flights 5700–5899 and 5900–5999 operated by Qatar.
Alaska Air Checked Baggage Allowance – International Codeshare
Relevant information for Alaska Airlines flights 5000–5249 (operated by Qantas), 5526–5549 (operated by Air Tahiti Nui), 5700–5899 and 5900–5999 (operated by Qatar).
- For details regarding Firearms, Sporting equipment, fragile or bulky items, Musical instruments, and perishable or big game. Please check – Alaska Air Website.
Alaska Airlines Excess/Extra Baggage Allowance
Excess baggage fees
|Number of Bags||Fees|
|3 or 3+||$100|
The Alaska baggage policy states that all excess bags will cost $100 per bag. But, due to the unique nature of certain destinations, there are further restrictions for some destinations and dates of travel. Alaska maintains a list of these exceptions on its website.
Alaska Airlines Baggage Allowance for Student
Carry-on luggage You’re allowed 1 carry-on bag plus 1 personal item such as a purse, briefcase, or laptop.
Alaska Airlines Overweight Baggage Fees
Alaska Airlines overweight baggage fees
Alaska Airlines charges both an overweight fee and an oversize fee as follows:
- Overweight fee: $100 per bag weighing between 51 and 100 pounds.
- Oversize fee: $100 per bag between 63 and 115 linear inches, including wheels and handles.
So, you’ll want to avoid checking overweight or oversize baggage if at all possible.