How to Terminate Your Walmart MoneyCard Account You may easily close or cancel your Walmart Money Card account at any time. Once you’ve cancelled your account, you won’t have access to any additional extended access services for 7 to 10 business days. To cancel a prepaid Walmart Money Card, you must contact the Walmart customer service department.
The best thing to do is empty or clear your account of money to process it more swiftly. Don’t use the card at the time you wish to cancel it under termination. The card is no longer used when the closure procedure is complete, and it is no longer valid. This short article will describe how to close a money card account using several different methods.
Walmart Moneycard Account Cancellation Online
By following the methods below, you may cancel your Walmart Money Card online using their official website or mobile application.
- Visit the official Walmart website at https://www.walmartmoneycard.com or start the mobile app on your device.
- Use your account credentials to log in and access the dashboard.
- Select “Settings” and then “Close Account” from the menu.
- The next step is to confirm the cancellation.
- A confirmation message, such as “You have successfully cancelled your Walmart money card account,” will appear.
- If you have numerous accounts, proceed by choosing each card one at a time.
Make sure to use the remaining funds before canceling your account since you won’t be able to use the card or view your account balance once you cancel it.
How to Terminate a Walmart Money Card Through Customer Service
Phone customer care to cancel your Walmart money card. To request the closure procedure, adhere to the instructions below.
- To speak with the support staff, dial 877-937-4098 for Walmart Money Card customer service.
- Declare that you wish to cancel your Walmart Money Card to the person who answers. You could be required to give information such as your birthdate, address, 16-digit account number, and Social Security number.
- A customer service representative will then verify your identification. After that, they will deactivate your money card account at your request.
- A customer service representative will then cancel your Walmart Money Card.
Online cancellation of your Walmart Money Card
- Find a Walmart or MoneyCard Support Center in your area.
- Request the termination of your account by contacting the Support department.
- Share the details required to finish the account cancellation procedure.
- The Helpdesk representative will assist in handling the MoneyCard account termination.
What happens if I close my money card account?
The account will be completely closed, the Money card will be rendered useless, and it won’t be usable for transactions.
Does closing the money card account affect my credit score?
It is false that closing your Walmart Money Card account would lower your credit score. The Walmart Money Card and other prepaid cards are unrelated to your credit history or score.
How long should the process of closing my Walmart Money Card account take?
The studies state that the closure procedure might take up to 7 to 10 busy days. Once the procedure is complete, you will receive an email confirming it.