Applying for a marriage licence in Tamil Nadu’s cities of Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli and Tiruvallur
Apply Marriage Certificate Online
The marriage licence is a significant declaration that the couple is wed. In India, either the Special Marriage Act of 1954 or the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 may be used to register a marriage. The Supreme Court mandated the requirement of marriage registration in 2006 in order to safeguard women. In the Tamil Nadu cities of Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Salem, Tiruppur, Erode, Tirunelveli, and Tiruvallur, obtaining a marriage certificate is not a difficult process. The specifics are shown below.
- The bride’s age must be at least 18 and the groom’s age must be at least 21.
- The bride and the groom must both live in Tamil Nadu permanently.
Tamil Nadu offline application procedure for marriage certificates:
- You can get the application form from the office of the sub-registrar. You can also get the application form online. You just have to click on the link http://www.tnreginet.net/pdf/Public_Utility_Forms_full/appln3.pdf or http://cms.tn.gov.in/sites/default/files/forms/Comp_Marriage_Forms_Eng_7_0.pdf to download the form.
- Once you have finished downloading the forms, print them out on A4-sized paper.
- Fill out the form now with the necessary information.
- Send the completed form, along with any necessary supporting documentation, to the local sub-registrar office.
- A time slot will be assigned to you.
- The couple and the witnesses must appear before the registrar on the scheduled appointment day.
- They must sign where the registrar will ask them to, at their separate locations.
- They will then be pronounced husband and wife by the registrar.
Tamil Nadu’s online marriage certificate application process:
- In Tamil Nadu, there isn’t really an online application process for marriage certificates. The only activity is not online. However, you can download it by clicking the link http://www.tnreginet.net/english/smar.asp if you have previously requested the certificate but have not yet received it or misplaced it.
- You may search for your registration certificate by entering the names of the bride and the groom, and once you locate it, you can download and print it.
- Filled in application form
- Proof of Address: Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID card, Driving License, etc.
- 1 marriage photograph
- 2 passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- Copy of wedding card
- Documents and details of three witnesses