For travelers traveling in Economy Class, the allowance is one checked bag or two smaller bags with a total weight of no more than 20 kilograms. For travelers traveling in Business Class, the limit is two pieces of checked luggage with a combined weight of 30 kilograms. Each item of checked luggage cannot weigh more than 32 kg or measure more than 158 cm in length, breadth, and height.
The free luggage allowance applies to each adult or kid. If the checked luggage allowance is exceeded in terms of weight or number of components, additional baggage fees may be charged. For tickets in Economy Class and Business Class, fees start at USD 0.45 per kilogram.
Air Mauritius Airlines Baggage Allowance Domestic / International
Air Mauritius Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance For travel through the same route in economy class, you can check in two pieces of up to 20 kg each. If you are traveling from Asia to Europe via Paris by business or economy class, you can check in two pieces (32 kg each) or 1 piece (23 kg), respectively.
Air Mauritius Airlines Hand Baggage Allowances
Instructions For Carry-On Baggage
Please adhere to the directions below when you travel with us. We encourage you to review their terms and conditions if you are traveling with one of our partners.
You are eligible for the following while traveling with Air Mauritius:
- Economy class: 1 piece of hand baggage weighing up to a maximum of 7 kg. Except for Rodrigues : 1 piece/5 kg.
- Business class: 2 pieces of hand baggage weighing up to a maximum of 7 kg each.
You may also bring a certain amount of duty-free shopping on board for your convenience, along with personal items like an overcoat, shawl, blanket, umbrella, walking stick, laptop, camera, and baby food to be consumed in flight.
Please be sure to place all cabin luggage in an overhead bin or beneath the seat in front of you. Baggage may not be put in the aisles, in front of the emergency exit, or behind your legs in order to protect both your safety and the safety of other passengers.
Economy class / Business Class :
- Passengers will be entitled to an additional excess, up to a maximum of 5 kg, at a rate of EUR 10 per kg.
Some airports have stricter rules about the quantity and weight of carry-on luggage, and they could even demand that airline employees tag carry-on items during check-in before passengers pass through security checkpoints.
As a general rule, the dimensions (length + width + height) of a handbag should not exceed 115 cm.
Air Mauritius Airlines Cabin Baggage Allowance
|Airlines Name||Free cabin baggage limits||Free checked baggage limits|
|Air Mauritius||Economy Class: one bag/Business Class: two bags; and Each piece of hand baggage should not exceed 7kg and 115 cm (Length + Width + Height),||Maximum Weight allowance: 32 kg|
- To know more about Air Mauritius baggage allowance and fees: http://www.airmauritius.com/baggage.htm
How much baggage is allowed in cabin baggage?
Domestic Travel: Hand Baggage: One hand bag up to 7 kg and 115 cm (L+W+H), shall be allowed per customer. For contactless travel, we recommend placing it under the seat in front, on board.
Air Mauritius Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
Do you have questions about the number of checked bags you may bring on an Air Mauritius flight? Interested in learning the size and weight restrictions for each piece of luggage? Find out all you need to know to get your luggage ready for check-in!
You have a right to a certain amount of checked luggage as one of our passengers, depending on a number of things, including the ticket paid, the class of travel, the origin and destination of your entire itinerary, and your Kestrelflyer membership, if applicable.
We advise you to pay close attention to the checked luggage allowances and familiarize yourself with the over baggage fees before your journey. You may pay your excess baggage fees online through Manage Booking, in person at your nearest ticket office, or over the phone by calling our call center at (+230 207 7575).
Special Alert: Please click here for special conditions applicable to passengers traveling with 15″ Mac Pro devices.
Air Mauritius Airlines Excess/Extra Baggage Allowance
For detailed information about extra baggage charges, please visit https://www.airmauritius.com/extrabaggage.htm.
Air Mauritius Airlines Baggage Allowance for Student
Did you know that if you are a student in Mauritius between the ages of 15 and 29 you can get discounts when you travel Air Mauritius*? It’s just one of several benefits that come with booking with Mauritius’s official airline.
The higher luggage allowance (2 pieces at the usual weight plus 1 extra piece at 23 kg) is especially advantageous to students.
When enrolling or attending a graduation ceremony with close relatives, parents of graduates can also benefit from discounts.
All students traveling on student fares are entitled to one additional piece of luggage of a maximum weight of 23 kg, except for travel between Mauritius and Rodrigues. The additional allowance will be mentioned on your airline ticket, however, applicable charges will apply for any baggage in excess of the authorized limit?
*See Air Mauritius for T&Cs and more details on offers available
Do these discounts sound good to you?
- Book your next big adventure with us today.
- For great deals, try Air Mauritius Holidays.
- Want more on Mauritius? Check out the rest of our site here.
- You can follow Air Mauritius on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all the latest news.
Air Mauritius Airlines Overweight Baggage Fees
Extra Bag/Heavy Or Oversized Bag, or Sports Equipment
Do your bags weigh more than the amount of free baggage shown on your ticket? We at Air Mauritius will assist you in ensuring that no luggage is left behind.
We get that there are certain cherished possessions from home or priceless keepsakes from your travels that you simply cannot leave behind. We may store your excess luggage in our hold for an additional fee, so you can board your aircraft with everything you need.
- The following extra baggage fees will be in effect as of July 3, 2023, depending on the date that the ticket or document was issued.
- If the combined length, breadth, and height of your luggage exceed 300 cm, we kindly ask that you make prior preparations for the shipment of your luggage as cargo.
- Conveyor belts at the Johannesburg airport will only accommodate up to 200 cm. Please make advance plans to transport any surplus as freight if possible.
- If the ticket only allows for one piece of free luggage and the client purchases one more piece, the rate will apply to the first additional bag.
- The cost of a second and subsequent bag will apply if the free baggage allowance is more than one item.
- Depending on the schedule, if another airline is involved in the trip, their extra baggage rules may be applicable.
When traveling between Mauritius and Rodrigues, where free luggage allowance is 15 kilograms, the over baggage fee is
- For travel between Mauritius and Rodrigues (when the weight appears on the ticket), the excess baggage fee is MUR 150 per kilogram. Each bag may only contain a maximum of 15 kilograms.