How to Apply for a Marriage Licence, Online or Offline Marriage is a union of two people in Assam. The tie needs to be properly recognised, and that requires a marriage certificate. Like most other states in the nation, Assam’s government has made marriage registration mandatory.
How to Apply Assam Marriage Certificate Apply Online
The Special Marriage Act of 1954 or the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 may be used to register the marriage. Marriage registration is a straightforward process as well, but you must follow the right steps in order to complete the registration. Below is a description of how to obtain a marriage certificate in its entirety for your convenience.
What it accomplishes:
- Thus, child marriage is avoided.
- By facilitating their claim to inheritance, it benefits widows.
- women’s rights to be granted.
- to claim bank accounts, life insurance, etc.
- The bride must be at least 18 years old, while the groom must be at least 21.
- The bride and groom must have resided in the location where they intend to register their marriage for at least one month.
The Assam Marriage Registration Application Process is as follows:
- Click this link to get to the Assam government’s official website: assam.gov.in.
- Select ‘Downloadable e-Forms with Supporting Documents’ from the ‘Online Services’ menu.
- Download the Marriage Application now from among all the other forms. By visiting https://assam.gov.in/documents/10180/1641415/APPLICATION%20FOR%20MARRIAGE%20CERTIFICATE.pdf, you can also download the form.
- Take a printout of the form on A4 paper after downloading it.
- Give the form all the necessary information.
- Send the completed form, along with any necessary supporting documentation, to the Sub-Registrar’s office.
- After the application has been approved, you must return to the Sub-Registrar’s office to sign with the witnesses.
- By visiting the website http://edistrict.assam.gov.in/eDistrict/index.html and entering your application number, you may check the progress of your application.
- By clicking the following link, you may get the certificate at a later time: http://eforms.assam.gov.in:9080/SPP/.
- If all goes according to plan, you will receive the certificate in 90 days.
- The application cost is Rs. 2 for the marriage.
- Marriage Proof
- Age Proof of Both Bride and Groom
- Address Proof of Both Bride and Groom
- Photograph of Both Bride and Groom
- Marriage Photograph (The Couple Must Be There)
- Marriage Invitation Card
- Address and Identity Proof of the Witnesses